Saturday, September 30, 2006

[In-Character] Truth & Justice, Episode 20

Okay. So. The Super Mentors hooked us up with a lawyer who's very experienced in dealing with metahuman cases. And it doesn't look good. One of the things I like about Japan is that people aren't nearly as litigous. The brainy part of me wants to point out that tort reform is a very complex issue. Anyway, Razmus continued to react with his usual machismo BS, and apparently was serously thinking of trying to defend himself (fool for a client and all that) basically because the lawyer told him stuff he didn't like.

And in the middle of it, Sam got all weird in the head and was drinking insane amounts of water even for him. We took him to the hospital, but... he just went back to whatever passes for normal for him a few hours later.

Which was just as well, since Glenn's General friend asked us to go on a mission to find the guy. It turns out that there was this android called BAIN, created to end the threat of nuclear war. It's
just that BAIN's methodology involves obliterating humanity. It's like a sci-fi B-movie plot, except that we have to deal with a virtually indestructible monster for real. All the military guys they sent in never came back. Then Glenn didn't come back, until the general sent us out and we found him unconscious inside of a suit of power armor that was running on autopilot. Rescuing him was a step in the right direction, to be sure, but now we're confronted with a massive humanoid weapon built from all the tanks and such that failed to come back from confronting BAIN. No sign of the soldiers yet.

We're in for a hell of a fight... And there's a possibility he could control my armor, like he can most machines. Hopefully its partly organic nature and alien origins will let me function normally. Otherwise I'm going back to the base. If Raz thinks I can be of any use to anyone with a gun (i.e., the exact opposite of a superhero's weapon), he's even more delusional than I thought.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Swan said she'd call off the lawsuit if Raz apologized on national TV? I find it completely hilarious that he doesn't want to do it because it would mean she'd "win." Words almost never mean anything to him -- actions speak louder than words, but that doesn't mean words are mute, and most of Raz' words say that he's a jerk -- but when his idiotic pride is at stake, suddenly "I'm sorry" becomes worse than a bullet to the head. I have seriously never known anyone who has tried quite so hard to make me not want to care about them. I must have really seriously inherited my dad's heroing streak to not have completely given up on him. Or something.

Anyway, giant robot to fight. Gotta go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home