Sunday, February 26, 2006

Halo: The Covenant War, update

My friend Thinh (who also did art for Mascot-tan) has started in on the paper minis for my Halo RPG. I saw the sketches he did for the Grunt and Jackal last night, and was (predictably) very happy. I need to find a digital camera so I can take pictures of the minis from our superhero game... The Halo scenario I want to run is likewise coming together, though it's mostly a collection of set pieces for battles strung together. I need to get around to buying a bigger dry-erase battle mat thingy too...

I'm also working on putting together a "soundtrack" for the game. Since it's based on a series of video games (with pretty damn good music to boot), I'll be using a combination of the Halo and Halo 2 soundtracks, plus some of the fan-created music that's out there. I'm still debating whether or not to go to the trouble of using HBO's dialogue databank to include snippets of dialogue from the video games. It could be fun (especially for the Grunts), but a lot of extra work too.

For the actual game itself I mostly need to round out the combat rules and stat up things. Midterms are starting to kick in at school (and on top of that I have to rush to apply for grad school), so I don't know how much time I'll have for to work on RPG stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home