Saturday, December 24, 2005

24 Hour Hikikomori

Holy crap I've been posting a lot. But then I've been writing two RPGs and reading lots more (I'm about halfway through reading Dogs In The Vineyard, and I finished reading Primetime Adventures; more on those when I've had time to digest). Anyway.

I'd been thinking about trying my hand at the 24 Hour RPG thing for a while, and today I came up with an idea for one. I've been reading this weird Japanese novel called Welcome to the NHK (there's also a manga adaptation, though AFAIK nothing published in English yet). It's about a hikikomori -- a guy who hardly ever leaves his apartment -- and the bizarre adventures he has. It gets into some very weird territory, including religion, drug use, conspiracy theories, otaku, lolicon, and so on. I have no idea how this would translate into an RPG, but I figure that's a good starting point for a 24 hour RPG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home